Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Kona....Day #1

Hello everyone....damn, I'm TIRED.  Been up since 3AM local time and taking the advice of my good friend Brian and trying to stay up until at LEAST 10pm :)  Hopefully, tomorrow I will feel a little more refreshed. 

Despite the long day, the workouts today were amazing.  First off, EVERYONE out here is ripped.  There aren't too many times in my life that I feel "fat", but this place can make you feel that way!  The people watching highlight of the day was saying high to Chris "MACCA" McCormack as he ran/walked past our place!  Very cool to see him out here!

View from our house on Alii Drive!

In the morning, Dan and I went out to "Dig Me Beach" to get a swim in.  What an AWESOME experience.  It was the first time I've truly swam in the Ocean.  It was a little rough, but not too bad.  What I don't know is if today was "perfect" or "normal."  I guess I'll find out tomorrow!  It was like swimming in an aquarium....so cool.  Tons of fish, rocks and whatnot...really looking forward to the rest of the week's
swims.

 After our swim, it was off to the ENERGY LAB for a 4 mile run!  I've heard some crazy stories about this place and it lived up to the hype.  It is roughly 2 miles "down" into the lab, turnaround, and run back "up."  The way in really isn't too bad, at least for a "4mile run."  But when you make the turn, oh my.  It is like a friggin furnace!  AND...there is a shellfish company at the turnaround so it smells HORRIBLE!  Crazy....but I loved every second of it.  However, I'm GLAD I will only be running in there one more time on this trip :)



Tomorrow...Dan and I swim again....then head out on the bike course to check out the crazy crosswinds in Hawi.  Really looking forward to getting some biking in tomorrow.

I want to take a minute to thank Dan for coming out here to experience this with me.  I can't think of more perfect way to spend this week than training with my best training buddy.  Dan is extremely passionate about this sport and lifestyle.  He inspires me every time we get together.  Thank you Dan for being here and helping me get to the start line.  There is NO WAY this would mean as much without your support.  Thank you!

Dave
Dedication, Passion, Results

No comments:

Post a Comment